When you arrive you will be warmly welcomed by Pip Warnock, our resident Lodge Manager. Pip is here to help you with any queries you may have about the Lodge and services on the mountain.
- The Lodge has 5 comfortable hydronically heated bunk rooms; most are family rooms with double and single bunks.
- Each bunk has a doona and pillow, and there are additional blankets.
- There is a bathroom for every bunkroom, which incorporates separate toilet and shower.
- There is reasonable hanging space and a drawer per bed. Please unpack your bags and settle in. Empty bags may be stored in the luggage cubicles in the lobby.
- Details of room allocation are posted on the Lodge Notice Board in the lobby. The Booking Officer aims to keep parties of guests together as far as practicable, but sometimes this is difficult if the Lodge is full.
- What to bring: You need to bring own pillowcase, sheets and a towel. If you forget to bring linen, the Lodge Manager can supply linen for a extra charge.
- The Lodge has a fully equipped kitchen that easily handles a fully booked Lodge; with two electric cook tops/ovens, two microwave ovens, a dishwasher, two sinks and a large commercial refrigerator. An outdoor BBQ is also available.
- Food storage space and shelves in the refrigerator are marked according to room allocation.
- Non-perishable food such as condiments, coffee, tea, flour, sugar and cocoa are provided, and there is a daily delivery of fresh milk.
- On Saturday nights, the Lodge comes to life with the Traditional Club Roast provided for all residents. The preparation and clean-up is shared by all. Please let the Lodge manager know if you are not attending.
- What to bring: Food for all meals, other than Saturday night, and drinks. We have a BYO liquor permit. There is a Foodworks on the mountain.
Ski and Dry Room
- The ski room for residents is immediately inside the Lodge entrance – skis and boots should be wiped clean of snow with the brushes provided.
- The drying room, first door on the right, has ample space for Ski/Apres Boots and all your clothing after a hard day’s skiing!.
- All ski and apres boots must be removed before entering the Lodge. You can also enter the Lodge from the drying room.
- The ski and drying room are for residents during their stay and not for storage midweek between weekend visits.
Other things you need to know
- Lodge Management – Our resident Lodge Manager ensures smooth operation of the Lodge by residents and can assist with direction to services on the mountain. A Duty Member is also present on most weekends. Either will gladly assist you.
- Check-in: Check-in time is 6.00pm. When you arrive at the Lodge, either ring the doorbell or use the security code in your booking reminder email. Your room allocation will be on Lodge Notice Board. If you arrive prior to 6pm and your room is still occupied, place your gear in the day storage cubicles until the room is free and minimize your use of the Lodge prior to 6pm. If your room is unoccupied, you may shift your gear into it immediately and use the Lodge. If unsure, assume the room is occupied.
- Check-out: Check-out is 6.00pm. You are responsible for cleaning your room and bathroom, and allocated Lodge chores, prior to this time. Cleaning products can be found in your bathroom and in the laundry. Please remove food items and clean your allocated pantry and fridge shelves in the kitchen. You may not extend your stay without the member or preferred guest who arranged your booking confirming the extension with the Booking Officer.
- Security: When arriving/departing the Lodge, please use the side entry using the digital security lock and ensure the door is secure behind you. The number sequence of the lock changes on a weekly basis. Please respect the security of all residents by not disclosing this code to non-resident visitors. The Club will not take responsibility for loss of personal property. The balcony entrance should not be used, except in emergency.
- Keeping the Lodge clean: All residents are responsible for the cleanliness of their own room and bathroom, and kitchen and living areas. Each bedroom has specific chores around the Lodge allocated to them which must be done regularly. These duties are described on the back of each bedroom door or allocated by the Lodge Manager. Garbage bags must be disposed of in the garbage hut on Breathtaker Road in front of Belmore Ski Club.
- Guest sign-in: Members must sign in any day guests, using the guest sign-in log at in the lobby, to comply with liquor licensing laws.
- Telephone and WIFI: A telephone is available, although most members or guests use their mobile phones. We are hoping to have WIFI available in 2018.
- BMW Ski Club Lodge is Non-Smoking.
- Contacts for your stay: The Lodge Manager’s mobile number will be on the notice board at the foot of the stairs. Also see our Contacts for your stay page.